Thursday, March 28, 2013

Red Ring of Death Xbox 360

How to fix the Red Ring of Death for Xbox 360

I have an xbox 360 from a client that had RRD or an E74 error. Microsoft didn't deem it wise to spend an extra $0.75 per xbox to ensure they use a high quality paste to ensure the heatsink dissipated the head from the cpu and video cpu. So they thought it was better to spend over a $1Billion on repairs for in warranty fixes.
The one I have is out of warranty so I'll take you through the steps on how to fix it.

First you need to take apart the xbox. This is best video I found that gives step by step instructions:


Next you will need a special solvent to clean the mess from the Microsoft paste that is on there.
I'm using the ArticClean from Arctic Silver. You can purchase it from Amazon here.
This is a good video of the process:


No comments:

Post a Comment