Sunday, March 31, 2013

Organic Wheat Grass

Review of Organic Wheat Grass


Updated
It's been over two years now since I've been taking the wheat grass. I mix it with a protein powder and that is my breakfast. The protein powder makes it tastes so much better and I still get the benefits of the wheat grass. I can tell a difference on the days I don't take (lower energy, more tired). This is a great product for those of us who can't get enough vegetables in our diet.



I started taking this while starting the Tim Ferriss 4 Hour Body Diet. The diet is no form of sugar (carbs) whatsoever! no fruits, breads, starch, pasta, rice, sweets, potatoes...... You're asking what can you eat?
Well slow carbs, like beans, nuts, vegetables and lean protein. This is about the wheat grass, not the diet.
I bought it through Amazon here.

Taste(bad news)

I'm not going to lie, this is not chocolate double fudge cake. It's a very fine powder and will get everywhere if you are not careful. It actually tastes best with water. It has a bit of a nutty, leafy taste. I think the name "Wheat Grass" gets embedded in your mind so you transfer that into the taste. It does taste like you are drinking some grass. No way around it. Make sure it is mixed, very, very, well. Globs of green dry wheat grass will make you cough.
You will get use to the taste. After a while (a month for me), you really won't mind the taste. If you still mind the taste, I would suggest using cold water and drink it as quickly as possible. How you will feel after you drink will start to condition you to overcome the bland taste. 

Effects (good news)

When I first tried it, I didn't notice a huge difference in how I felt. I felt a little bit more energy. I did notice that once I drank it, I wasn't hungry for about 4 hours. I'm always hungry and I was really surprised that it suppressed my appetite. I drank it every morning for about a month. I did feel better drinking it and I was not hungry for at least 4 hours. 
I stopped drinking it because I didn't feel it was doing anything. wow...
I noticed a huge difference in energy. I felt more tired, more lethargic and cranky. The wheat grass really did make a difference. I just didn't notice it until I stopped taking it.
I'm back on it again drinking it once a day 6 days a week and some days, twice a day when I'm really tired. It's quick, it's easy and it lasts. The 100 serving size lasts me about a month and is the best value. 

It's been about 6 months drinking it and I feel really good. I think this will always be a permanent part of my diet for a healthy lifestyle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment